Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Intentional Self Destruction; Bullshit Artists

    Remember I told you that all I would have to do is wait for the metaphorical sound of a gun shot in the distance, follow the blood trail and the story will practically write itself?
    It is!
    Monday night I fielded so many phone calls from current and ex-members of The Massachusetts Republican Assembly I now have to go to the Verizon store to upgrade my plan. Long story short, Mary Lou Daxland now holds the reigns at MARA (cue funeral dirge now).
    Not only was Mark Fisher defeated as candidate for the leadership, he and his supporters found themselves in very familiar territory as they did in the 2014 campaign: Shut out, marginalized and the recipients of in party back stabbing. As if that wasn't enough I get a host of social media messages telling me how wrong I was in my last segment of this series. So, like a good radio host I invited them to come onto the show and explain where I am wrong.
    ...chirp-chirp.......chirp-chirp........

    Then, I hear from Brian Kennedy who agrees to Skype in on the show Tuesday night. I clear the deck and begin to rewrite the show. I open up the Meat and Potatoes e-mail account and there is a letter from Mr. Kennedy telling me he has to decline due to the privacy of the organization and also (now I am surmising here) Mommy Mary Lou wouldn't let him come out and play.
   
UPDATE:
 
"Due to internal developments, MARA has issued a directive not to speak to any media until a superseding notice is given. "
 
   Oh, hell no! I said to myself.
 
   So back on the phone I go to convince Brian to come onto the show. I told him point blank that this story is going to write itself with or without his input, with or without MARA's input. I also told him I have already spoken with other members of MARA and they have a decidedly different story to tell about the minutes of the Dec. 10th Convention. Unfortunately, as of the publishing of this article Brian never bothered to Skype in.. Never bothered to send an e-mail to decline (again). At 7:50 pm my board was up and humming for his call at 8pm.. By 8:15pm it was obvious.
    If everything was so transparent? If everything was 'misunderstood'? If "I" am wrong in my article?.. Why didn't you come onto the show? Explain it!! Prove me wrong!!
    But they don't.... Another gunshot heard in the distance.

    This is nothing new here folks. I just read an article in The Blaze about the GOP purging Tea Party Republicans from the Arizona Committees much the same way MARA has planned for us here in the Bay State.

   "" Under the byzantine rules of Arizona Republican Party politics, these elected officials, known as precinct committeemen, vote for local party chairmen. The chairmen, in turn, determine how state and local GOP funds are spent, which candidates are promoted in an election year, and which political issues are highlighted — all matters of central concern for McCain heading into 2016, when the threat of a primary looms.
    Prior to Aug. 26, when the races for the party offices were held, the vast majority of the 3,925 precinct slots were filled by people McCain’s team considered opponents. Now, after an influx of candidates were recruited by the senator’s allies, around 40 percent of those offices — 1,531 to be exact — will be held by people McCain’s team regards as friendly. They will have the power to vote down hostile Republican chairmen in each of their respective localities.
    “There’s been a huge organizational effort that I’ve never seen before,” said Gordon James, an Arizona public relations executive and longtime McCain confidant. “A lot of the party folks who were hostile to John McCain have been marginalized, and that’s a good thing.” (Politico.com)""

    Gee, thanks GOP six more years of Uncle Fester..


    The Jan.10th Convention was held here in Worcester at Maxwell Silverman's. It went from bad to worse rather quickly. With no quorum and no ability to second any motions the former President of the organization declared that the meeting was illegal but was ignored. The convention went ahead anyways. It is not clear why, but many Fisher supporters were behind a curtain of sorts and were not able to voice their opposition to Mary Lou Daxland's nomination. Mary's supporters were given VIP status right in front of the podium and the show of hands was all that was needed to usher in her leadership. According to one source that I spoke to the entire Convention was, ".. a fucking mess!" While another source claimed that ".. Karen Hughes would be proud.". This, referring to the shady way the vote was taken and the grassroots arm of the Republican Party marginalized.
    Ironically, according to  MARA's bylaws they specifically state that they are above the fray of mainstream politics. One such bylaw espouses Christian principles. From what I have discovered there was nothing pious about Saturday's event. Nor anything resembling being above the fray of GOP politics.

    You would think people would be clamoring to come on and talk about this. No one wants to! Even the side that gave up and split off are hedging their bets.. I can't blame them. However, since EVERY ONE KNOWS!!.. Why not come onto the show?
    I wrote an open letter to Karen Hughes during the Gomez Campaign and I said that this is a bad idea. We should wait, let Markey reveal himself and hammer him later on... chirp..chirp...
    It is all a power play.
    However, if we allow this (current) power play to succeed it will only come from the silence of the opposition. The grassroots. The very people I have sworn on my show to represent..
 
Because no one else will represent you.. Not Channel 4,5, 7.. They don't care. They want what Mary Lou will hand them in 2016. They want what Holly Robichaud will write about in her column... Oh, and good luck hiring her to manage your campaign.. Ask her.. Better yet? Ask the former candidates she managed........( gun shot in the distance)

   M&P2012 will always interview and broadcast the true message of the people. I do not care what side you are on, bring your story. The grassroots candidates will always find a home here.

    From Alabama to Texas to Oregon, Arizona, Florida, Missouri, Nevada, and California since 2010 I have interviewed candidates from Tea Party Conservatives to Larouche Democrats and The United Independence Party; all have told me the same story.. Marginalized, shut out.. Yet they push their campaigns on a shoe-string budget to take back this nation. Massachusetts is no different.

    You know what is satisfying?
    Knowing that (despite every one telling you, you are wrong) discovering that you are correct from the rhetoric of the bullshit artists who keep pumping out the same worn out hits you have heard your whole life. It is not at all different from what we Liberty Movement Citizens are experiencing now. We are told we are wrong. We are told to mind ourselves. Told to step away. Play that last year's hit.
   
    This dog don't play that bullshit..

....And That Is The Diatribe....

No comments:

Post a Comment